100 Days of Cotton, week 5

I think....the weather has been less-than-optimal for cotton growing.  We has 2 or 3 truly hot, sunny days in the last 10 days.  The cotton has a will to grow. And add to that there was a mishap with transplanting the original seedlings.  I thought I had killed them, so I added 3 more seeds to this pot.  And now I have 5 young plants and more seedlings popping up!  I'm sure this is too many plants for this 1 pot.  Its cloudy, cool, and rainy here through the weekend so I'll decide this weekend.


I'm not concerned about wasting seeds because I have a bunch more seeds.  Not much to see here in any event.  I'll keep you posted.  As for the spinning part of this 100 day project...I haven't touched my wheel in 2 weeks because I adopted a dog!  Meet Joey, he's 35 lbs of pure energy, top to bottom.  He's not a true puppy, he's 3 years old but he is adjusting to his new home and schedule.  Truth be told he's adjusting better than I am, I'm having the hardest time getting up 30 minutes earlier so I can feed and walk him. 


He's doing a really good job of trying to not destroy the house or tinkle everywhere!!  He's had a few accidents in the 2 weeks but they are becoming rarer and rarer.   And I'm keeping  a supply of dog chew toys for him to chew and destroy.  He's really good at destroying chew toys :-)    


Hopefully within the next week, I'll get my act together and can make time for spinning again.  Joey is a absolute joy and delight and I don't mind making sacrifices for him.  


Comments

Popular Posts